Vegetarian Mexican Fried Rice Recipe – Indian Restaurant style
Today I am going to share with you all a quick, easy, and flavourful recipe that is a Vegetarian Mexican Fried Rice Recipe that you can prepare at home, with the same taste that you eat in a restaurant or cafe style.
Mexican Fried Rice is a spicy rice-based dish prepared by tossing the rice with boiled Kidney Beans, Fresh Vegetables like onion, capsicum, carrot, french beans, Corn, Tomato puree, and Mexican Seasoning Ingredients like cumin powder, pepper powder, and salt. Then we add a few splashes of lime juice over the dish and garnish it with few chopped coriander leaves.
Mexican Fried Rice is similar to our Indian Vegetable pulao recipe. This recipe is vegan and vegetarian.
You need to soak the rajma/kidney beans overnight and pressure cook until they are soft. Leftover boiled kidney beans or tinned kidney beans will work too.
Tips and Suggestions:
- You can replace the olive oil with vegetable oil.
- For this dish, I have used Long grain Basmati-Rice because they are fragrant. But you can use any rice available at your home.
- You can even use leftover rice to prepare this dish quickly.
- In Mexican Cuisine, Kidney/Pinto Beans, Corn, Tomato, Onion, Bell Peppers, Avocado, and Jalapeno are its Integral part. So, try not to skip any of them in any Mexican dish preparation.
- Serve this Mexican Fried Rice hot or warm for lunch, dinner, or party.
- You can use this Mexican fried rice as a filling for your burritos.
- Pair it with some Nacho Chips, Tomato Salsa, Guacamole, or Sour Cream for a delicious combo.
- This dish is an excellent option for lunch/tiffin boxes.
- You can store this Mexican Fried Rice in an airtight container in a refrigerator for up to 2-3 days.
- Reheat it in the microwave on the gas stove as needed.
You may also like some other quick recipes :
- Paneer Pulao | Indian Cottage Cheese Rice Dish
- Baked Mexican Nacho chips
- Mango Salsa
- Corn Empanadas | Corn Empanadas Recipe
Here is the video recipe of Easy Vegetarian Mexican Fried Rice Recipe :
Please do try this easy Mexican Fried Rice recipe and let me know how it turned out in the comments section. I appreciate your feedback so much. If you like this recipe, then rate the recipe cars and share the recipe with your family and friends. Make sure you follow me on social media platforms like Instagram, Pinterest, Subscribe to my YouTube channel, and Like my Facebook Page to catch my latest updates. Stay healthy and Safe. Happy Cooking!!!
Here is the recipe card of the Vegetarian Mexican Fried Rice Recipe :
- Long grain rice - 1 cup
- Rajma - ¼ cup raw or ½ cup cooked/tinned
- Onion - 1, chopped
- Capsicum- 1, chopped
- Carrot - 1, chopped
- French beans - 10 - 12, chopped
- Corn kernels, ¼ cup, boiled
- Tomatoes - 2 -3, puree
- Garlic cloves - 6-8, minced
- Salt - as per taste
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- Olive oil - 2 tbsp
- Oregano - ½ tsp
- Black pepper powder - 1 tsp, as per taste
- Roasted cumin powder - 1 tsp
- Fresh lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- Fresh coriander leaves - chopped
- Wash the rajma, soak for 4-5 hours or overnight.
- Add salt and boil with 1 cup of water until cooked.
- Rajma should remain in shape after cooking.
- So cook for 4 whistles, chek, and cook again if required.
- Same way, wash rice and soak in 1 ½ cup water for 30 min.
- In a pressure cooker, add rice along with water.
- Add salt and ghee.
- Bring to boil, boil on high flame for 2 minutes.
- Close the cooker and cook on the lowest flame for 6 - 7 minutes or pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Cook rice 90%.
- When pressure releases, open the cooker, gently toss them and let them cool down completely.
- Never use hot rice while making fried rice. We need firm and cooled rice.
- In a Kadai / wok add olive oil.
- Add garlic and oregano.
- Fry for a minute.
- Add onion. Cook until onion turns translucent.
- Add capsicum, carrot, french beans, and corn.
- Cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add tomato puree.
- Mix well. Cover and cook until vegetables are cooked.
- Now add salt, pepper powder, and cumin powder as per taste.
- Add rice.
- Gently toss them well.
- Cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Turn off the flame.
- Add lemon juice and coriander leaves.
- Gently mix and serve warm Mexican Fried Rice with Tomato Salsa, Sour Cream, Guacamole, or Nacho Chips.