Bruschetta, pronounced “brusketta”, a classic Italian appetizer is a perfect way to capture the flavors of fresh tomatoes, pepper corns, garlic, onion and olive oil. Bruschetta is perfect for a party because you can make the topping ahead of party time, as well as toasting baguette slices.
Baking time : 4 – 5 min
Baking temperature : Oven – Microwave Convection : 180 degree Celsius
- 1 loaf baguette , cut into 10 thick slices
- olive oil for greasing
- 50 gm butter
- 1 tsp grated garlic / garlic paste (lehsun)
- ½ tsp mix herbs
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- ¼ tsp freshly crushed pepper corns
- 2 tomato ( deseeded and fine chopped )
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 white onion ( fine chopped ) ( you can replace with regular onion )
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp olives
- Salt according to taste
- Divide the topping into 10 equal portions and keep aside.
- Grease the baking tray with olive oil, place the bread slices on it and spread garlic mixture on each French bread slice and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 4 to 5 minutes or till the bread slices are crisp.
- Spoon out 1 portion of the topping mixture on each toasted slice and serve immediately with pasta.