Green Tomato Sabji | Hare Tamatar ki Sabji | Raw Tomato Curry Recipe
Tomato is one such ingredient that I cannot imagine without it in my kitchen. Whether they are red or green I love to use them. In Gujarati Cuisine, Sev Tomato Sabji is very popular. Today, I am going to share a variation of tomato sabji, which is Green tomato Sabji !!
Green Tomatoes are tangy in taste as compared to Ripe Red Tomatoes. It tastes even better when cooked along with green chili and garlic.
Green Tomato Sabji recipe is a tasty sweet-tangy Indian curry. I have added jaggery in this sabji to balance the flavors. It helps to even out the tanginess to green tamatar.
In this Green Tomato Sabji recipe, for the initial tadka, I add cumin seeds, Asafoetida, curry leaves, chopped green chilies, garlic, and turmeric powder. After sauteing it for a few seconds, I add green tomato and powdered spices like red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala, and season it with salt. I allow it to cook till tomatoes turn soft. Then, I add jaggery, mix it, garnish it with coriander leaves, and serve warm.
The recipe is easy and quick to prepare. You can prepare this whenever you are running short of time. As this raw tomato curry is slightly sweet, it is loved by kids too. Adjust the spiciness according to your taste. You can skip jaggery.
Here is the video recipe of the Green Tomato Sabji Recipe :
Serve this Raw tomato curry along with warm phulka, chapati, paratha, bhkhari, or any other Indian bread.
You can also serve it as a side dish with your Dal-Rice meal.
Hare tamatar ki Sabji is one of the unique recipes that you should include in your meals for a change in regular sabji. So, do try this finger-licking and tasty Green tomato sabji recipe, and let me know how much you liked it in the comments section.
If you like this recipe, then rate the recipe card and share this raw tomato curry recipe with your loved ones. Please make sure you follow me on Instagram, and Pinterest, subscribe to my YouTube channel, and Like my Facebook page to catch my latest recipes and updates.
You may also like other tomato recipes:
- Tomato Upma
- Tomato Capsicum Rice
- Pasta in Creamy Tomato Sauce
- Homemade Pizza Sauce Recipe | Easy Pizza Sauce Recipe
- Tomato Onion Chutney Recipe | South Indian Red Chutney Recipe
You may also like more Indian Curry Recipes :
- Aloo Bhindi | Bhinda Bataka Recipe | Okra Potato Stir Fry
- Raw Mango Curry
- Lauki Aloo ki Sabji | Bottle Ground Potato Curry
- 500 gm raw or green tomato ( approx. 2 cup chopped tomatoes )
- 4 – 5 curry leaves
- 1 – 2 green chilies ( fine chopped )
- 5 – 6 garlic cloves ( fine chopped )
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- Pinch of asafetida
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Pinch of garam masala
- ¼ cup chopped jaggery or according to taste or sugar
- Salt according to taste ( approx. ½ - 1 tsp )
- ¼ cup freshly chopped coriander leaves
- Finely chop the green tomatoes into small size cubes.
- Finely chop the green chilies and garlic. Keep it aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai.
- Add cumin seeds when oil is medium hot.
- When cumin seeds start to crackle, add curry leaves, chopped green chilies, and garlic.
- Saute till the raw aroma goes away, Do not burn the garlic. Add hing and turmeric powder.
- Mix well. Immediately add chopped tomatoes.
- Mix well. Add red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala, and salt.
- Cook till tomatoes turn soft. Add Jaggery. Mix well.
- Cook till oil starts to release from sides. Turn off the flame.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and serve warm green tomato sabji with roti or paratha.