Urad dal is used as a major ingredient in Indian cuisine for preparing a healthy diet. Urad dal has protein, fat, and carbohydrates which is required by the body. This dal is one of the richest sources of proteins and Vitamin B.
Urad Dal very easy, quick and healthy option for your lunch in winter. When this urad dal served with Bajra roti, taste of urad dal will get double. Learn how to make urad dal and enjoy this winter special seasonal recipe !!
Urad dal is used as a major ingredient in Indian cuisine for preparing a healthy diet. Urad dal has protein, fat, and carbohydrates which is required by the body.
Author: Zeel Patel
Recipe type: Main
Serves: 4 - 5
For Boiling :
- 1 cup split black lentils ( urad dal )
- 3 cup water
- Salt according to taste ( 1 tsp )
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp oil
Other Ingredients :
- 2 tbsp garlic cloves
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- 1 medium size tomato ( fine chopped )
- 1 to 2 green chili ( fine chopped )
- 1 tsp ghee
- Salt according to taste ( ½ tsp )
- 2 tbsp coriander ( fine chopped )
- Fresh butter for garnishing
Instructions ( 1 cup = 250 ml, 1 tbsp = 15 ml, 1 tsp = 5 ml)
- Rinse dal for 4-5 times.
- Mix all ingredients for boiling in pressure cooker.
- Cook it on medium-high flame till 3 whistles.
- Cool it completely.
- Make a fine paste of garlic using mortar and pestle. Mean while add red chili powder and coriander power.
- Heat dal on slow flame.
- Add garlic paste, green chilies, tomato, ghee and salt.
- Cook for 5-6 min. Turn off flame.
- Add coriander and mix well.
- Garnish with fresh butter and serve hot urad dal with bajra roti ( Bajri na rotla ).
Leave A Comment