For all my coconut and muffin lovers, this Eggless Whole Wheat Coconut Muffins recipe for you!! Everyone at my home just loves to eat muffins. So today I would like to share with you a tried-tasted and a hit muffin recipe with you all. It’s Whole Wheat Coconut Muffins!!! Yes, believe me, these will drive you crazy.
I made these yummy eggless whole wheat coconut muffins using simple ingredients like whole wheat flour, clarified butter or ghee, sugar and cardamom. These muffins are soft, moist, and mildly sweet in taste. It is a simple and easy recipe to make with a few key steps.
These are made with 100% whole wheat flour. It has a comforting taste of coconut. You can garnish it by sprinkling desiccated coconut on the top which after baking gives a beautiful texture. A hint of cardamom in the recipe brings all the flavors together. The aroma coming with a combination of whole wheat flour, ghee, and coconut is so satisfying for our senses making it irresistible for us to eat.
I have tried so many whole wheat flour cake recipes which turn out extremely delicious every time. So I thought of making these cute muffins out of whole wheat flour with the goodness of coconut. Muffin is one of the recipes with which you can easily experiment and create something different. You can customize it with flavors that you love like adding your favorite dry fruit or nuts. My little kiddo loves these little beauties when topped with coconut.
These yummy eggless whole wheat coconut muffins can be paired up with a cup of tea/coffee in the mornings or evenings. It is a perfect way to calm down your afternoon sweet tooth craving. It is a healthy, filling, and nutritional option to serve it as a snack, breakfast, or even lunch box meals. So bake these whole wheat coconut muffins for your friends, family and office colleagues as a healthy treat.
Give these whole wheat coconut muffins a try and let me know how you are enjoying them in the comments section. Share it with your friends and family and follow me on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest to catch my latest updates.
You can also try our other cake and cookie recipes :
- Whole wheat flour / aata - ½ cup, gently packed
- Desiccated coconut - ½ cup, gently packed
- Baking powder - ½ tsp
- Baking soda - ¼ tsp
- Powdered sugar - ⅓ cup, tightly packed
- Ghee - ¼ cup, melted
- Milk - ⅓ cup, lukewarm
- Cardamom powder - ¼ tsp
- Nuts - ¼ cup
- Measure all the ingredients and keep it aside.
- Lukewarm the milk and ghee.
- Line your muffin tray with paper liners or grease it.
- Preheat your OTG or convection at 180 degrees for 10 min.
- In a mixing bowl, add whole wheat flour, desiccated coconut, baking powder, and soda. Mix them properly.
- In another bowl, add melted ghee and sugar. If you like sweeter muffins then add 1 or 2 tbsp sugar extra.
- Beat well using a manual whisk or electric whisk.
- Add lukewarm milk. Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients. Add cardamom powder too if using.
- Gently mix all together using the spatula.
- Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter using scooper in a muffin tray. Try to divide in an equal quantity.
- Pat it twice. Bake in a preheated oven for 15 - 20 min.
- Keep an eye after 15 min.
- Insert the toothpick in the center of a muffin, it comes out clean they are baked.
- Allow them to cool down for a while.
- Enjoy these freshly baked muffins with your friends and family.
You can sprinkle some coconut over them before baking. This will give you a nice color and crunch.
You can add chopped nuts in place of cardamom or along with cardamom powder.
Based on your oven type and size, baking time will vary. So keep an eye after 12 - 15 min.