Paneer Bhurji Roll | Paneer Bhurji Wraps | Paneer Bhurji Kathi Rolls | Scrambled Cottage Cheese Frankie
Paneer Bhurji Rolls is a soft-flaky whole wheat flour tortilla filled with spiced and flavourful cottage cheese and vegetable filling, topped with tomato ketchup, and wrapped tight into a roll.
The Paneer Bhurji Wraps recipe is easy and quick to make. I have divided the recipe into three sections that are:
- Prepare Whole Wheat Flour Tortilla
- Prepare Paneer Bhurji for filling
- Assembling to make rolls.
Paneer is high in protein, rich in folate, and has low sodium content. Make sure you use a homemade or good quality store-bought paneer in this recipe. Please click here for how to make Paneer at home.
You can also add sliced or roughly chopped raw onions for better crunch and taste. Also, you can increase the spice level according to your taste preference by increasing the amount of red chili powder or green chili powder or use Sriracha sauce for heat.
Frankies are like Indian Burrito. My mother used to give me Frankies for the school tiffin box in a different way. She wraps dry stir-fry Indian sabzi inside Roti, chapati, phulka, or Paratha with a layer of tomato ketchup or my favorite pickle. She calls it Roti nu Papudu. It was very yummy.
You can serve Paneer Bhurji Rolls hot/warm with any of your favorite chutney like Tomato Onion Chutney, Dates Tamarind Chutney, Green Coriander chutney, or with Tomato Ketchup. I like to enjoy it with plain homemade buttermilk.
Make these Paneer Bhurji Rolls during weekend lunch or dinner. These rolls are a perfect grab and a go-to meal.
You can make it during your potluck or small parties. It is a great lunch box recipe.
These Rolls are tasty, healthy, and filling. So, please do try this Paneer Bhurji Wraps and let me know how it turned out in the comments section.
Here is the video recipe of the Paneer Bhurji Rolls Recipe :
You may also like some more quick and easy recipes from my kitchen :
- Paneer Chilli Sandwich | Veg Cottage Cheese Chilli Sandwich Recipe
- Paneer Pulao | Indian Cottage Cheese Rice Dish
- Suji Appe | Instant Rava Appe Recipe
- Vegetarian Mexican Fried Rice Recipe
- Aloo Paratha
If you like this recipe, then rate the recipe card and share the Paneer Bhurji Kathi Rolls with your friends, family, and relatives. You can follow me on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest to catch my latest updates.
Here is the recipe card of the Paneer Bhurji Roll Recipe :
- Paneer - 1 ½ cup, crumbled
- Onion - 2, chopped
- Tomatoes - 2, chopped
- Capsicum - 2 small, chopped
- Garlic cloves - 3 - 4, minced
- Ginger - ½”, paste
- Green chili - 1, as per taste
- Red chili powder - 1 tsp, as per taste
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder - ½ tsp
- Garam masala - ¼ tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp, as per taste
- Oil / Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Oil for roasting
- Tomato ketchup for serving
- Coriander leaves
- Whole wheat flour / aata - 2 cup
- Salt - 1 tsp, as per taste
- Baking powder - ¼ tsp, optional
- Water - ¾ - 1 cup, as per need
- Oil - 1 tsp
- To make a dough, in a mixing bowl add flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Mix well. Gradually add water and make a smooth and soft dough.
- Knead well.
- Apply oil. Cover it and let it rest for some time.
- After some time, divide the dough into 8 equal parts.
- Dust the rolling board using dry flour and roll them into big tortillas.
- Roast them on both sides on hot tawa.
- Keep it aside for further use.
- In a Kadai, add oil/ghee.
- Add green chili and fry for a few seconds.
- Add chopped onion and cook until it turns into a light brown color.
- When the onion is cooked properly, add ginger garlic paste.
- Cook until raw aroma goes away.
- Add tomatoes and mix well.
- Cover and cook until tomatoes turn soft and mashy.
- Add all dry masalas.
- Cook for 2 mins.
- Add chopped capsicum and crumbled paneer.
- Mix well. Adjust the salt if required.
- Cook for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Turn off the flame.
- Add chopped coriander and mix well.
- Apply oil and roast tortilla on hot tawa.
- Apply tomato ketchup on the tortilla.
- Add a scoop of filling and make a tight roll.
- Same way prepare all rolls and serve hot.