Papaya Sambharo | Papaya Lachha Salad Recipe | Gujarati Raw Papaya Salad Recipe for Fafda Jalebi
Today I am sharing with you a simple and super easy Kacha Papaya Sambharo recipe that you can eat with various Gujarati Snacks like Gathiya, Fafda-Jalebi, Khaman Dhokla, Thepla, etc.
What is Sambharo?
Sambharo is a Gujarati term that refers to a warm stir fry salad of Grated/sliced vegetables, served as a side dish with various Gujarati Snacks and meals. It is a traditional sambharo recipe of Gujarati cuisine.
In the Papaya Sambharo recipe, we grate the raw papaya and temper it in oil with mustard seeds, asafoetida, green chilies, turmeric powder, salt, sugar, lime juice. It is stir-fried and cooked until the crunch of Raw papaya is maintained. Here is the video recipe:
Usually, I prefer green chilies instead of red chili powder for spiciness. I like the yellow color of sambharo. You can also make this sambharo by slicing the raw papaya instead of grating. (but it takes more time to cook)
Papaya sambharo is also known as Kacha Popaiya no Sambharo or papaya chutney.
Imp Note: Always pick fresh Green color super firm papaya.
You can also make Sambharo with other varieties of vegetables, among which cabbage, green chilies, carrots, tindora (ivy gourd), Turiya ni chhal (ridge gourd peel), and raw papaya sambharo are the most popular ones in Gujarati cuisine. I’ll soon post recipes for the same.
Another type of Raw Papaya Salad Recipe:
You can also make raw papaya salad (Papaya nu Kachumber), which requires no cooking yet tastes yummy with Gathiya-jalebi. To make this, Grate the raw Papita and add salt, red chili powder, coriander powder, Lime (optional), and sugar(optional). Mix well and serve.
Being a Gujju, I cannot live without Thepla, Debra, Dhokla, Fafda-Jalebi, methi na gota, Ganthiya, Khandvi, Undhiyu, Khaman, and the list goes on. With all these dishes, I like to have sambharo along with it, as it makes the dish very refreshing and tasty.
Do you know?
- Unripe Papita is very healthy for your body. It is very delicious and versatile to use.
- It is rich in vitamins A, B, C, & E, potassium, magnesium, essential enzymes, and phytonutrients.
- It helps to treat infection, heals wounds faster, improves digestive health, reduces heart disease, helps in losing weight, improves lactation in new mothers, provides relief from menstrual pain, and treats UTI, which is a common problem in ladies.
- It also reduces signs of skin aging.
- It is also diabetic friendly.
- So make sure you include it in your diet.
- You can serve this Papaya Sambharo as a side salad dish with Fafda–Jalebi, Papdi Gathiya, methi na gota, Khaman-Dhokla, Khandvi, and other Gujarati snacks.
- You can eat this Sambharo recipe as a side dish with your meal.
- Gujarati Thali is incomplete without Sambharo.
Store the leftover sambharo in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Reheat for a few seconds in the microwave whenever required.
Gujarati Fafda Recipe : Gujarati Fafda Gathiya Recipe | How to make Fafda at home
Instant Jalebi Recipe : Instant Jalebi Recipe | Crispy Jalebi in 5 min Recipe
You may also like to check some other healthy salad recipes :
- Roasted Beetroot Salad | Roasted Beetroot Salad Recipe
- Chole Salad | Kabuli Chana Salad Recipe
- Sweet Corn Salad
Here is the video recipe of the Papaya Sambhara :
Do try this easy Papaya Sambharo recipe and let me know how it turned out in the comments section. If you like this recipe, then rate the recipe card and share the sambharo recipe with your friends and family. Please make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Subscribe to my YouTube channel, and Like my Facebook Page to catch my latest updates. Stay healthy and Safe. Happy Cooking!!!
Here is the recipe card of the Papaya Sambhara Recipe :
- Raw Papaya - 1 no
- Green chilies - 1 - 2, sliced
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds - ½ tsp
- Hing - a pinch
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Red chili powder - as per taste, optional
- Salt - according to taste
- Sugar - 1- 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1 lemon, optional
- Peel the skin of papaya.
- Cut it into half.
- Remove the white skin of the center part using a spoon.
- Grate the papaya using a grater and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds. Allow them to splutter.
- Add hing. Add green chilies.
- Add turmeric powder.
- Add grated papaya.
- Mix well.
- Add salt, sugar, and red chili powder ( optional ).
- Mix well. Cook open on a medium flame for 5 min.
- Turn off the flame.
- Squeeze lemon if you love the punch of lemon.
- Mix well and serve with Fafda, papdi, or your favorite Gujarati snack.
- You can also serve as a side dish with your meal.