Beetroot is in season here, and so I decided to share with you a lovely and colorful recipe of Roasted Beetroot Salad.
This salad is simple and easy to make, and it tastes great. I have chopped the beetroots in wedges and roasted them using light olive oil and garlic cloves on a pan. Once cooked, season them with some salt and crushed peppercorns. Roasting will bring the natural sweetness and nutritional benefits of beetroot.
I have always loved beetroot since my childhood. Its dark red-maroon color always attracts me. It pairs up nicely as a salad during my meals, in sandwiches and soups. Roasted beetroot salad has an earthy flavor. It is a very flavourful, gluten-free, and easy vegetarian dish. Beetroot is a superfood that is high in fiber. It keeps the heart healthy and solves digestion issues. It is rich in folate, which helps to fight against anemia and keeps you energized the whole day. Olive oil is rich in Vitamin E, which is good for healthy skin. What a great combo of benefits, right?
Variations you can try with this Roasted Beetroot Salad :
- You can add a few chopped nuts like peanuts, almonds, walnuts, or cashews if you like crunch in the salad.
- Alternatively, you can bake the beetroot wedges in the oven for 5 min at 180-degree celsius instead of roasting.
- It tastes delicious as well.
- If you like tangy flavor, add a few splashes of fresh lemon juice just before serving.
- You can add a few soft paneer or cheese cubes for new taste variation and creamy finish.
Serving and Storage:
Serve it immediately with any meal as a side dish to enjoy its freshness. If you store this salad fresh in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 more day.
Beetroot is a staining vegetable. It will stain your hands, clothes, and cutting board. Wearing hand gloves and aprons can help you to prevent stains. Wash your cutting board properly after done with cooking.
Here is the video recipe of Roasted Beetroot Salad Recipe :
You can also try some other healthy recipes :
Try this Roasted Beetroot Salad recipe and let me know how it turned out. Do not forget to share it with friends and family who are always looking for leftover recipes. Make sure you follow me on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest to catch my latest updates.
Here is the recipe card of the Roasted Beetroot Salad Recipe :
- Beetroot - 2 nos, sliced
- Olive oil - 1 tbsp
- Garlic cloves - 2 minced
- Salt - according to taste
- Black pepper powder - ¼ tsp, as per taste
- Peel the beetroots and slice them in sticks or wedges.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet or grilling pan.
- Add olive oil.
- Add garlic cloves, saute for a while.
- Add beetroot slices.
- Mix well. Let it roast on slow flame.
- Flip and stir it occasionally.
- Insert a knife. If it goes in smoothly, then the beetroot is cooked.
- Do not overcook them.
- Sprinkle some salt and freshly crushed peppercorns.
- Cook for a while.
- Serve warm !! You can squeeze lemon if you love the tangy flavor.
- You can Bake them in the oven as well.