I just love salad and sandwich in any form at any time. Russian Salad Sandwich is the best combination of salad and sandwich. Russian salad is the most colorful, simple, easy to cook and very tasteful salad. Hung curd coated par boiled mix vegetables ( potato, carrot, French beans ) taste just wow. The chopped pineapple contrasts well with the remaining ingredients, and adds a crispy, tangy feel to the Russian salad sandwich. Freshly crushed black pepper adds best taste and aroma into sandwich.
This is one the best cold sandwich for hot summer days. Please your friends or guest during parties or other occasions. Prepare this Russian salad sandwich with my recipe and enjoy with friends and family.
If you are salad sandwich lover then must try cheesy coleslaw sandwich from my recipe collection.
You can also try different varieties of sandwich: Mint Potato Sandwich Pockets, Veg Masala Toast Sandwich.
- ½ cup French beans
- ½ cup carrot
- ½ cup potatoes
- ½ cup peas
- ¼ cup capsicum
- ¼ cup onion
- ½ to ¾ cup fresh hung curd
- ½ cup tinned pineapple
- ¼ cup cheese
- Salt according to taste
- Black pepper powder according to taste
- Fresh cream ( optional )
- 24 – 30 brown bread slices
- Butter to spread
- Tomato Ketchup
- For Russian Salad
- Boil the potatoes and while boiling add pinch of salt.
- Fine chop all vegetables in small size cubes. ( Vegetable Cutters )
- Par boil French beans, peas and carrot. Add some salt while boiling. Do not over boil it. Otherwise they will lose their crunchiness.
- Beat the hung curd with wired hand whisk and keep it aside.
- Crush the black pepper corn and keep it aside.
- Fine chop the cheese in small size cubes.
- Fine chop the tinned pineapple in small size cubes and keep it aside.
- Combine boiled vegetables, onion, capsicum, pineapple and cheese cubes in a bowl.
- Mix them properly. Add hung curd. Mix well.
- Add salt and pepper powder according to taste.
- Keep it aside.
- Combine the russian salad sandwich :
- Take two bread slices and apply butter on any one side of each bread.
- Put ¼ cup of prepared russian salad in the center of any one bread slice. Spread it evenly using butter knife or spatula.
- Cover with another bread and keep buttered side on top of salad.
- Cut the prepared russian salad sandwich into desire shape.
- Same way prepare all other sandwiches.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup and potato wafers.