Veg Masala Toast Sandwich | Veg Masala Toast Sandwich Recipe
Any sandwich lover around? Who loves street style Aloo Matar toast sandwiches? Let’s make a healthier version of regular aloo matar sandwich – Veg Masala Toast Sandwich Recipe!! I am sure you will fall in love with this easy and yummy sandwich !!
What is different in this recipe than a regular aloo matar sandwich? In this “veg masala toast sandwich” recipe, I have added carrot, capsicum, tomato, and onion along with boiled potatoes. Vegetables make it not only a healthy meal but give a crunchy taste.
We are sandwich lovers !! We love to try different variations of sandwiches. Sandwiches are a happy-to-go meal option. Whenever you are lazy, a sandwich is always the best option for a healthy meal. We choose homemade sandwiches over outside junk. Always buy bread from a small and local bakery for the fresh supply. If you love to bake bread at home then bakes bread in advance and enjoy delicious healthy sandwiches with your family.
I posted many sandwich recipes like Paneer chili sandwich, Vegetable cheese grill sandwich, Aloo matar, Mint potato pockets, Russian salad sandwich, coleslaw sandwich, Spinach Corn Sandwich ( White Sauce method ), etc.
Whenever you are tired of your classic sandwiches, try my version of Veg masala toast sandwich. There is no compulsion for the choice of vegetables. While preparing a sandwich, add vegetables of your choice. I season it with simple spices available in our kitchen. Adjust the quantity of chili powder and lemon juice as per your preferences.
- Serve these delicious Veg masala toast sandwich with green chutney, tomato onion chutney, or tomato ketchup.
- To make it more special for kids, add a slice of cheese.
- Add grated or crumbled paneer to make it protein-rich.
Here is the complete video recipe of the Veg Masala Toast Recipe :
You can try other healthy diet recipes from my blog :
- Chole Salad | Kabuli Chana Salad Recipe
- Vegan Broccoli Soup | Dairy-free Broccoli Soup
- Paneer Pulao | Indian Cottage Cheese Rice Dish
- for more healthy recipes click here.
You can also try other sandwich recipes :
What is your family’s favorite sandwich recipe? Let me know in the comment section. We will try to include them in our coming recipes.
Please give it a try and let me know how much you like Veg Masala Toast Sandwich in the comments section. If you like this recipe, then do like it and share it with your friends and family. Follow me on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest to catch on more such recipes and latest updates. Healthy and Happy Cooking !!
Here is a complete recipe card for a veg masala toast sandwich :
- Potatoes – 1 cup boiled, peeled, and mashed ( 4 – 5 small )
- Tomatoes – 1 chopped
- Green peas – ¼ cup boiled
- Carrot - 1 chopped or grated
- Capsicum – 1 chopped
- Onion – 1 chopped
- Filtered Oil – 2 tbsp
- Green chilies - 1-2 chopped
- Curry leaves – 5-6
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Hing – a pinch
- Salt according to taste – 1 tsp
- Red chili powder – ½ tsp or more according to taste
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp according to taste
- Coriander leaves – ¼ cup
- Bread slices – 12-14
- Butter for grilling
- Green chutney
- Boil potatoes, peel, and mash them. Keep it aside.
- Boil green peas and keep them aside.
- Chop all the vegetables and keep them aside.
- Head filtered oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds.
- When they start spluttering add cumin seeds and brown them.
- Add hing. Add green chilies and curry leaves. Saute for a while.
- Add onions. Sprinkle some salt. Cook until transparent.
- Add turmeric powder.
- Add all chopped vegetables.
- Season with salt. Mix well.
- Cover & cook for 4-5 min. Don't overcook otherwise veggies will lose their crunch.
- Mix them well. Add red chili powder.
- Add the mashed potatoes.
- Mix the stuffing well.
- Adjust salt at this level.
- Keep on stirring on a low flame so that the mixture does not stick to the pan.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the flame. Add lemon juice and coriander. Mix well.
- Keep it aside.
- Trim the edges of the bread. ( optional )
- Apply butter evenly on the bread.
- Apply the green chutney on the bread. ( optional )
- Take 2 to 3 tbsp of the veg masala stuffing and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle some chaat or sandwich masala over it. ( optional ).
- Cover with another slice of bread.
- Grill the sandwich in sandwich maker till browned from both sides.
- Or roast on tawa. Apply some butter on both sides and roast till brown from both sides.
- Make all sandwiches this way.
- Serve warm veg masala toast sandwich with green chutney or tomato ketchup.