I follow Rujuta Diwekar, The great Indian Nutritionist. These days she is sharing quarantine meal plans. In one of her meal plans, she mentioned besan chillas. her mother shared a recipe for the same.
In a way, I am a fan of chillas. Previously shared Ragi Besan Chilla. This time, I am sharing besan chilla with a Rekha Diwekar mam’s twist – Lauki Besan Chilla. Simple, easy, tasty and healthy recipe. Enjoy this Recipe with curd, homemade pickle or chutney of your choice.
You can also try our other healthy recipes :
- Besan – 1 cup
- Rava – ⅓ cup
- Ginger and chili paste or chopped – 2 tsp
- Coriander chopped – ¼ cup
- Lauki grated – 1 cup
- Carom seeds ( Ajwain ) – ¼ tsp
- Sesame seeds – 1 tbsp
- Salt according to taste – 1 tsp
- Curd – ¼ cup
- Water - ¾ cup
- Measure all ingredients and keep it aside.
- Add all ingredients in a bowl.
- In 2 parts add water.
- Mix well and keep it aside for 30 min.
- Heat cast iron or iron Tawa. If not then only use non-stick Tawa.
- Spread a scoop of better evenly on hot Iron / Cast Iron Tawa.
- Spread some oil.
- Cover and cook. Flip when cooked.
- Again cover and cook till done. Same way prepare all chilla.
- Serve hot Chilla with homemade curd, pickle or chutney of your choice.