Mushroom Fry Recipe | Indian Style Mushroom Fry Recipe | Mushroom Sabji
Mushroom Fry or Indian Style Mushroom Fry is a weight-loss and easy-to-cook recipe. There are various ways of preparing Mushrooms in different cuisines. Today I am sharing the Indian Style Mushroom Sabji recipe.
In this recipe, I have cooked sliced onion and mushrooms. To enhance taste and aroma, I added ginger garlic paste. Tomatoes are optional in this recipe. But If you love a little sour punch in your food, then tomato goes well in this Mushroom Fry Recipe. The addition of veggies like capsicum, bell pepper, carrot, french beans, paneer, or corn, makes it a more colorful and healthy recipe.
It is a quick one-pot dish recipe. You can make this Mushroom Sabji recipe in your busy mornings for Kid’s lunch box or your office tiffin box with roti on the side.
Mushrooms are known for their amazing health benefits. Mushrooms are a good source of essential minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants. Mushrooms are tasty and versatile too. We can prepare different-different healthy recipes using mushrooms.
Why should we include mushrooms in our weekly diet?
- Low in calorie
- Help in weight-loss
- Boost energy level
- Rich in Vitamin B, copper, and potassium
- Help in protecting the health of the heart and skin
- Always buy fresh mushrooms. In India, button mushrooms are regularly available.
- Moisture spoils Mushrooms. So at the time of preparation, wash them.
- As the stem of button mushrooms is an edible part, slice or chop mushrooms along with it.
Serving Suggestions :
- Serve warm Mushroom Sabji with phulka roti or rice.
- Prepare a wrap using a tortilla and serve in a lunch box.
- Mushroom fry is a healthy filling option for sandwiches or taco.
Here is the video recipe of the Mushroom Fry Recipe :
You may also like to try more healthy weight-loss recipes :
- Paneer Bhurji Roll | Paneer Bhurji Wraps | Paneer Bhurji Kathi Rolls
- Ragi Besan Chilla | Ragi Besan Chilla Recipe
- Vegetarian Mexican Fried Rice Recipe
- for more such recipes click here.
Do try this healthy Indian Style Mushroom Fry Recipe, and let me know how it turned out in the comments section. If you like this Mushroom Sabji Recipe, then share it with your friends and family and rate the recipe card. Don’t forget to follow me on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest to catch my latest updates. Stay healthy and Safe. Happy Cooking!!!
Here is the recipe card of the Mushroom Fry Recipe :
- Onion - 2, sliced or chopped
- Tomato - 1, chopped, optional
- Capsicum - 1 big, sliced or chopped
- Button Mushroom - 200 gm, sliced
- Ginger - ½ inch, paste
- Garlic - 5-6 cloves, paste
- Hing - a pinch
- Turmeric powder - ⅛ tsp
- Red chili powder - 1 tsp, as per taste
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala - ¼ tsp, as per taste
- Cumin seeds - ¼ tsp
- Salt - as per taste
- Filtered oil - 1-2 tbsp
- I have used Button mushroom in this recipe.
- Wash them properly and remove mud particles, if any.
- Let them dry.
- Slice or chop mushrooms with the stem.
- In a pan, add filtered oil.
- Add cumin seeds.
- When they splutter, add hing.
- Add sliced onions.
- Mix well and cook on a slow flame.
- Cook until the onion turns brown.
- Stir at regular intervals.
- Onion cooked nicely. Add ginger-garlic paste.
- Saute until the raw aroma goes away.
- Add chopped tomato or paste of tomato. This step is optional.
- Add a pinch of salt and turmeric powder.
- Mix well. Cover and cook until done.
- Tomatoes cooked, add sliced capsicum and mushrooms.
- Mix well. Cover and cook it.
- Initially, the mushroom will shrink in size and leave the water.
- Stir it at regular intervals.
- Mushroom cooked, and the water evaporated, add all dry masala and salt.
- Cook for 2-3 min or until oil separates.
- Turn off the flame.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander and serve warm Mushroom Fry with roti or rice.
Always buy fresh mushrooms. In India, button mushrooms are regularly available.
Moisture spoils Mushrooms. So at the time of preparation, wash them.
As the stem of button mushrooms is an edible part, slice or chop mushrooms along with it.
Serving Suggestions :
Serve warm Mushroom Fry with phulka roti or rice.
Prepare a wrap using a tortilla and serve in a lunch box.
Mushroom fry is a healthy filling option for sandwiches or taco.