Mango Rice Recipe | Indian Raw Mango Rice | Kairi Bhat Recipe
Mango rice is simple, easy to cook, seasonal rice preparation. This raw mango rice recipe has different regional names like – Kairi Bhat, Mamidikaya Pulihora, Mangai Sadam, etc.
Mango rice is a tangy flavored healthy meal option. This rice recipe is almost similar to tempered rice, lemon rice, coconut rice. To prepare tadka for Kairi Bhat or Mangai Sadam, heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, urad dal, chana dal, groundnuts, red chili, green chili, curry leaves, and saute. Add hing, turmeric, and grated raw mango. Saute everything until the mango turns soft. Lastly, add salt and gently fold this prepared mango mixture in cooked rice. So for this Mango rice recipe, we need perfectly cooked and non-sticky rice. You can use leftover rice too.
You can make this Mango tadka well in advance and refrigerate. Just before a meal, mix well nicely in warm cooked rice and serve with salad, papad, curry of your choice. I usually make roasted beetroot salad with this Mango rice. Whenever you are running out of time, make this easy no-fuss Indian Raw Mango Rice. It is the best option for a Lunch box too.
Benefits of Including Raw Mango in your diet during the season :
- Help to keep hydrated.
- Promote the health of the liver, heart, intestine, and dental
- Good for weight loss. For more related to a weight-loss healthy diet, please contact Dietician Dr. Priyanka Bhawlakar.
- Rich in Vitamins, minerals, fibers. A, E, etc
- Enhance hormonal system
- Boost energy level
- Cure stomach-related health issues like diarrhea, bloating, constipation, indigestion.
Different dals and peanuts in this recipe add a nice crunch and bite. They also add various health benefits.
Are you thinking about how to add raw mango to our seasonal diet? Many traditional Indian Recipes use raw mango. You can make Raw Mango Curry, Mango Pickle for the whole year, Aam Panna, Raw Mango Chutney, Raw Mango Kachumber, or enjoy a slice of raw mango with a pinch of salt, sugar, and red chili powder.
In my childhood, my mother used to give us mango slices during the evening time. She always sprinkled a pinch of sugar and red chili powder to balance the sour taste. Even In India, roadside vendors used to sell pickled raw mangoes. You can also add a few chopped raw mango pieces to your plate of poha, bhel, Roasted Poha Chiwda, or Dahi Puri.
Tips for Raw Mango Rice Recipe:
- Always use unripe and less fibrous raw mango.
- You can also add cooked and mashed mango in tadka.
- Always use non-sticky rice for this Recipe. So do not forget to cool down your rice before using it.
- If you have a bowl of leftover rice in the fridge, refresh your rice and prepare this Kairi Bhat recipe.
- You can refrigerate Mango tadka for a couple of days.
- For variation, you can add grated fresh coconut to enhance taste and nutrition value.
- Can increase and decrease the quantity of raw mango as per personal likings.
Serving Suggestions :
- Can serve Mango rice with a vegetable salad of your choice. You can try roasted beetroot salad or Pan-roasted Broccoli and peanut salad. For more salad recipes, click here.
- Can serve Mango rice with curry of your choice.
- Serve roasted papad/ appalam / pappadam with it.
Here is the complete video recipe of the Mango Rice Recipe :
You may also like to try more Healthy Mango Special Recipes :
- Mango Salsa
- Mango Drinks | Summer Special Fresh Mango Drinks
- Mango Lassi
- For more summer special recipes click here.
Do try this healthy Mango Rice Recipe, and let me know how it turned out in the comments section. If you like this Kairi Bhat Recipe, then share it with your friends and family and rate the recipe card. Don’t forget to follow me on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest to catch my latest updates. Stay healthy and Safe. Happy Cooking!!!
Here is the complete recipe card of the Mango Rice Recipe :
- Raw Rice - ½ cup
- Water - ¾ - 1 cup as per need
- Ghee - ½ tsp
- Raw mango - ¼ cup, grated
- Filtered Oil - 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds / Rai - ¼ tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Chana dal - 1 tsp
- Peanuts - 3-4 tbsp, roasted
- Dried red chili - 1 - 2
- Curry leaves - 1 spring
- Green chilies - 2-3, sliced, as per taste
- Hing - a pinch
- Turmeric powder - ⅛ tsp
- Salt - as per taste
- In a bowl, take rice. Rinse 3-4 times with fresh water.
- Add ¾ cup - 1 cup water ( as per need ) and soak rice for 30 min.
- After 30 min, add ½ tsp of ghee and salt.
- I prefer to pressure cook on a slow flame for 10 - 12 min.
- Once pressure is released, open the cooker.
- Gently toss the rice and let it cool down for a while.
- Take firm raw mango.
- Peel it, grate it and keep it aside.
- In a pan, add oil for tadka.
- Add mustard seeds.
- When they start to splutter, add urad dal and chana dal.
- Add dry red chili and sliced green chilies.
- Saute until dal fried well.
- Add curry leaves and roasted peanuts.
- Fry for a minute.
- Add hing and turmeric powder.
- Add grated mango.
- Add salt.
- Mix well and cook for 2-3 min until the mango turns soft.
- Turn off the flame.
- Pour the tadka on warm rice.
- Gently mix. Make sure rice and tadka are incorporated nicely.
- Serve warm with salad, papad, or pickle of your choice.
You can also add cooked and mashed mango in tadka.
Always use non-sticky rice for this Mango Rice Recipe. So do not forget to cool down your rice before using it.
If you have a bowl of leftover rice in the fridge, refresh your rice and prepare this Kairi Bhat recipe.
You can refrigerate Mango tadka for a couple of days.
For variation, you can add grated fresh coconut to enhance taste and nutrition value.
Can increase and decrease the quantity of raw mango as per personal likings.