Eggless Strawberry Rava Cake | Eggless Strawberry Suji Aata Cake | Eggless Strawberry Rava Cake with Whole Wheat Flour
Love is in the air in February. Valentine is nearby, and I am thinking of creating an exciting recipe for all my follower friends. Yes, you all are thinking right, This recipe is a healthy, no fuss, one bowl Eggless Strawberry Rava Cake Recipe !!
Here is the video recipe of the Eggless Strawberry Rava Cake Recipe :
In this Eggless Strawberry Suji cake recipe, I soaked the barik rava in curd and milk for 30 min. After that, I added wheat flour, raising agents, and chopped strawberries to the cake batter. The cake batter was transferred to the cake tin and decorated with fresh strawberries. Lastly, I baked it in the oven and enjoyed it with my family members.
While preparing this eggless strawberry rava cake, soaking suji is the required step. So, do not forget to put the timer. You can also add chopped nuts and chocolate chips along with chopped strawberries. I added chopped strawberries to add taste and freshness to every byte of the cake.
To make it more nutritious, I have used whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour (aka maida). Also, this cake is eggless, so a good option for people who prefer vegetarian food. I have used healthy fats in this eggless strawberry semolina cake recipe, which makes a valid excuse to grab one more piece.
The oven is not mandatory for this recipe. You can bake a delicious fresh strawberry cake in a pressure cooker too. Click here for how to bake your cake in the pressure cooker. You can replace the melted butter with ghee. Wash the strawberries and pet dry them kitchen towel before chopping. Do not use over ripped strawberries in this recipe. Choose fresh and firm strawberries for this Eggless Strawberry Rava Cake Recipe.
This recipe is for the celebration of Valentine’s Day, so look is as important as taste. So why I created heart shape circular design on the cake top using half pieces of strawberries. I kept those half strawberries center side up to give a nice look and feel. Do not forget to sprinkle some sugar strawberries before start baking.
This Eggless Fresh Strawberry Rava cake is so simple and easy that even an amateur baker can make it on the first attempt. All you need is love and enthusiasm to surprise your better half on this Valentine’s Day.
These winter strawberries are major missing for me. Every year I used to source fresh strawberries from local farmers of Mahabaleshwar in Pune. Somehow I managed to get few packets of strawberries in Gandhinagar, and I created this Valentine Special Eggless Strawberry Rava Cake. If you are not getting strawberries, no need to disappoint. You can try my Eggless Rava Cake recipe too.
- If you are running out of fine rava, Grind regular rava for few seconds.
- Soaking is the mandatory step of this recipe. So do not skip it.
- You can replace the melted butter with ghee.
- You can increase the quantity of sugar by 2 tbsp.
- Chopped nuts or chocolate chips can be added along with chopped strawberries.
- You can bake this cake in a pressure cooker too. Click here for how to bake your cake in the pressure cooker.
- Do not use over ripped strawberries in this recipe. Choose fresh and firm strawberries for this cake.
- Always sprinkle powdered sugar on strawberry before baking to prevent color.
- Store the cooled cake in an airtight container at room temperature.
- As we are using fresh strawberries in this recipe, Consume this cake within 2 days.
- Enjoy this cake on a special evening with your favorite beverages, or enjoy it as an after-dinner dessert.
- Serve this cake with some chopped strawberries and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- You can also serve this strawberry cake with fresh strawberry compote.
You may also like to try my other eggless baking recipes :
- Eggless Whole Wheat Coconut Muffins
- Eggless Chocolate Cookies
- Eggless Rava Cake with Whole Wheat Flour | Eggless semolina cake
- for more recipes click here.
Please try this Eggless Strawberry Rava cake recipe and let me know how it turned out in the comments section. If you like this recipe, then do like and share it with your friends and family. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and youtube channel to catch my latest updates.
Here is the complete recipe card of the Eggless Strawberry Rava Cake recipe :
- Barik Rava/ fine semolina - ½ cup
- Whole wheat flour / aata - ¼ cup, spooned and leveled
- Powdered sugar - ⅓ cup, spooned and leveled
- Baking powder - ½ tsp
- Baking soda - ¼ tsp
- Butter - ¼ cup, melted
- Curd - ¼ cup
- Warm Milk - ¼ cup + 2 tbsp
- Chopped strawberries - 4-5 nos
- Strawberries - 7 - 8 nos
- Powdered sugar
- Measure all the ingredients and keep them aside.
- Melt the butter in the microwave for 20 seconds.
- Warm the milk in the microwave.
- If you do not have fine semolina, grind regular rava for few seconds.
- Grease your 6-inch cake tin using melted butter and dust it with the dry aata.
- In a mixing bowl, add curd.
- Mix it well using a wired whisk to make it lump-free.
- Add sugar, melted butter, and warm milk.
- Warm milk is required in this recipe because cold milk will freeze the butter in a mixing bowl.
- Give a nice mix.
- Add barik rava. Make a lump-free batter.
- Cover the bowl and keep it aside for 30 min.
- Meanwhile, chop some strawberries and slice few strawberries in half, and keep them aside.
- After 20 min starts preheating your oven or cooker.
- In another bowl, mix aata, baking powder, and soda very well.
- Add it in the suji batter.
- Mix well using a spatula.
- Add chopped strawberries and fold them nicely.
- Pour the batter into a greased cake tin. Spread it evenly and tap twice.
- Arrange strawberries facing the inner side up as shown in the picture or video recipe.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on strawberries.
- Bake it in a preheated oven for 15-20 min.
- Keep an eye after 15 min.
- After 20 min, insert a toothpick in the center.
- Pull it out. When the cake is fully baked, there won’t be any wet batter on it. If it’s sticky and moist like this, your cake isn’t done yet.
- Transfer the cake tin to a wired rack.
- Let it cool down for a while.
- Scrap the sides using a knife and unmold the cake.
- Enjoy it with your loved one.
Soaking is the mandatory step of this recipe. So do not skip it.
You can replace the melted butter with ghee.
You can increase the quantity of sugar by 2 tbsp.
Chopped nuts or chocolate chips can be added along with chopped strawberries.
You can bake this cake in a pressure cooker too. Click here for how to bake your cake in the pressure cooker.
Do not use over ripped strawberries in this recipe. Choose fresh and firm strawberries for this cake.
Always sprinkle powdered sugar on strawberry before baking to prevent color.
Store the cooled cake in an airtight container at room temperature.
As we are using fresh strawberries in this recipe, Consume this cake within 2 days.