Whole wheat pizza base | Wholesome Pizza Base | Homemade Pizza Base
Hey Foodies !! Happy new year !! Let’s start this new year with everyone’s favorite recipe with a healthy twist – A whole wheat pizza base Recipe !! A few days before, I shared an easy pizza sauce recipe too. So prepare homemade pizza for the coming weekend and surprise your family.
Steps I followed for this whole wheat pizza base recipe: I have combined whole wheat flour / aata, water, yeast, and salt in a bowl. I kneaded it for 5 mins and proofed it for 2-3 hrs. Portioned it and roll them into the desired size pizza base. Baked it in a preheated oven, spread the sauce and dressed with favorite toppings, and enjoyed with family.
Why do I prefer to make Pizza base and pizza sauce at home?
- I have many people around me who are pizza lovers!! So, I prefer to make pizza at home rather than ordering online.
- I previously shared my easy pizza sauce recipe. Click here for the recipe.
- For parties, I bake these whole wheat pizza base a day before. a day
- Making whole wheat whole wheat pizza base at home means No compromise in taste and health.
- Another advantage of making pizza at home is everyone gets pizza loaded with their favorite toppings. We do not have to compromise in adding cheese and olives.
- You can make pizza dough in advance. Store it in a refrigerator and within three days and make a pizza base out of it.
- You can add your favorite seasoning in the daugh like oregano, minced garlic, chili flakes, garlic powder, etc.
- While rolling pizza base, for thin-crust roll into 9-10 inch circle and for thick soft pizza base roll into 6-7 inch circle and pork it using a fork before baking.
- Even you can bake the base halfway, dress it and bake it again.
Spread three-four tablespoons of pizza sauce on a pizza base, load it with favorite toppings, top-up happy cheese, and pop it into the hot oven. Your super yummy Homemade Pizza is ready !!
- Bake the whole wheat pizza bases after proofing, or refrigerate the dough for a couple of days.
- In the case of refrigeration, remove it well in advance. Let it come to room temperature and then shape them and bake them.
- Wrap pizza bases and store them in the refrigerator for longer shelf life.
Here is the video recipe of the Whole wheat pizza base recipe :
You may also like more healthy yet tasty recipes :
- Vegetarian Mexican Fried Rice Recipe
- Paneer Bhurji Roll | Paneer Bhurji Wraps | Paneer Bhurji Kathi Rolls
- Baked Mexican Nacho chips
Do try this healthy Homemade whole wheat pizza sauce recipe, and let me know how it turned out in the comments section. If you liked this recipe, then rate the recipe card. Share the Whole Wheat Pizza Base recipe with your loved ones. Don’t forget to follow me on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest to catch my latest updates. Stay healthy and Safe. Happy Cooking!!!
Here is the complete recipe card of the Whole wheat pizza base recipe :
- Whole wheat flour / aata - 2 cup
- Instant dry yeast - 1 tsp
- Sugar - 1 tbsp
- Olive oil - 1 tsp and more for greasing
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Oregano / Chili flakes / Garlic powder - for seasoning, optional
- Water - ¾ - 1 cup, as per need
- In a mixing bowl, add ½ cup of lukewarm water.
- Add yeast and salt.
- Mix well.
- Cover and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes mixture becomes, bubbly and frothy.
- If there is no activity in yeast water, yeast is not alive.
- Add more ¼ - ½ cup of water, salt, and olive oil.
- Mix altogether.
- Add 2 cups of whole wheat flour.
- Combine everything with a spatula.
- Dust the working platform with dry flour.
- When flour is well combined, transfer the dough to a working platform.
- Knead the dough well for 5 minutes.
- Add more water to get a smooth and soft dough.
- Make soft dough like phulka roti dough.
- Make a firm ball out of it.
- Transfer in a greased bowl.
- Gently coat the dough with olive oil.
- Cover the bowl and keep it aside for 2 hrs at room temperature.
- After 2 hours, the dough must be more than doubled in size.
- Punch the dough and release the air.
- Divide dough into 3 equal parts.
- Make a ball and roll it out in a 6” - 8” circle.
- Pork it 6 - 8 times using a fork.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 12 - 15 minutes at 180-degree temperature.
- Same way prepare all 3 pizza bases.
- Once completely cooled down, wrap them and store them for further use.