Dahi Puri | Sev Potato Dahi Puri | SPDP Dahi Puri Recipe
Dahi Puri is one of the most popular Indian street food/chaats with a brilliant combination of all flavors and textures (spicy, sweet, sour, tangy, crispy, crunchy), which can be tasted together in the mouth.
Dahi means Yogurt, Puri means a hollow-round crispy puffed deep-fried Indian bread, and Sev means thin crispy gram flour vermicelli. It is a variation of Indian chaat Panipuri. You can make this recipe quickly at home if you have all the ingredients handy.
Sev Potato Dahi Puri – SPDP recipe, puri is stuffed with boiled potato cubes. It is top with Yogurt/Dahi/Curd, sweet-tangy-spicy Mint chutney and Meethi chutney, sprinkle of chaat masala, black salt, cumin powder, and garnished with sev, pomegranate seeds, and coriander leaves. You can also add chopped onion, tomato, and garlic chutney.
This is one of the favorite chaats of everyone, especially people who cannot handle spicy Pani puri. It is also known as Dahi Batata Puri, SPDP, and Dahi Sev Batata Puri, Dahi Aloo Puri. Click here for the recipe for crispy chaat Puri.
On Indian streets, the vendors typically serve 5-6 pieces per plate. Making this recipe at home is far healthier than eating them on the streets because we used fresh and high-quality ingredients.
In this recipe, the crunchiness of puri, chilled curd, the spiciness of Mint chutney, the sweetness of Meethi chutney, crunchy sev, flavors of masalas all together is heavenly for the mouth which tickles our taste buds. For Meethi chutney recipe click here.
- Always use chilled homemade curd for this recipe.
- You can also add mung bean sprouts or boiled black chickpeas along with boiled potato.
- Serve it immediately else it will become soggy. You can also prepare puris and masala filling first and pour the curd and chutney just before serving.
- Make sure you use fresh sev for this recipe. Click here for sev recipe.
- Adjust the spices and chutney according to your taste preference.
- People eat this chaat typically as an evening snack.
- This recipes is often served during the buffet, kitty parties, potluck, and parties.
- Always serve it immediately, else the puri will turn soggy after some time due to curd and chutneys.
You may also like some other chaat recipes :
- Pani Puri
- Moth Sprouts Chaat | Matki Bhel
- Chana Chaat | Indian Black Chickpeas Chaat Recipe
- Vada Pav
Here is the video recipe of SPDP Dahi Puri Recipe :
Do try this yummy Sev Potato Dahi Puri recipe and let me know how it turned out in the comments section. If you liked this recipe, then rate the recipe card. Share this recipe with your loved ones. Please make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Subscribe my YouTube channel, and Like my Facebook Page to catch my latest updates. Stay healthy and Safe. Happy Cooking!!!
Here is the Recipe card of the Dahi Puri Recipe :
- Puri of Panipuri: 12 - 15
- Potato - 1, boiled and chopped.
- Curd - ½ cup
- Sugar - 1 tbsp, as per taste
- Meethi Chutney - ¼ cup
- Mint flavored Pani of Pani puri - ½ cup.
- Mint coriander chutney - ¼ cup
- Chaat masala - 1 tsp
- Black salt - 1 tsp
- Roasted cumin powder - 1 tsp
- Sev or boondi - ½ cup
- Pomegranate - 1
- Coriander leaves - 2 - 3 tbsp, chopped
- Crack the top of puris and make a nice hole.
- Add sugar in curd and mix well.
- Arrange them on a plate.
- Add a few pieces of potatoes.
- Add 1 tbsp of flavored Panipuri pani or ½ tsp or coriander chutney.
- Add tsp of curd in all puris.
- Same way, add meethi chutney in all puri.
- Add all the three dry masalas (chaat masala, black salt, and cumin powder) one by one in all puri.
- Add sev and pomegranate seeds in all.
- Again add curd and meethi chutney.
- Garnish with some sev, pomegranate seeds, and coriander leaves.
- Serve immediately.