Sev Tamatar Sabji Recipe | Kathiyawadi Sev Tameta nu Shak
Sev Tamatar Sabji is the famous kathiyawadi style spicy and tangy tomato curry. It is an easy-to-go Gujarati curry recipe that can be enjoyed during dinner, small parties, or get-to-gathers.
To prepare the famous kathiyawadi style sev tamatar sabji, we require a few basic ingredients. In a stainless steel Kadai, saute onion, green chili, lots of garlic, ginger, and chopped tomatoes until cooked nicely. Add spices as per taste. Add hot water to adjust the consistency. Just before servings, add lots of sev of your choice. Garnish with coriander leaves and more sev. Serve warm with roti, paratha, bhakhri, bajra roti, Khichdi, sev, chili pickle, and masala chaas.
To enjoy the authentic Gujarati meal, pair the sev tamatar sabji with bhakri, khichdi, and kadhi. You can also pair it with Bajra Roti during winter days. Tomatoes in this recipe make the sabji tangy, and sev adds the crunch and texture. If you prefer hot and spicy food, add ratlami sev or else go with homemade besan sev. Always add sev just before the serving, or else it will soak all the water, and the curry will turn dry. Jaggery or sugar in this recipe is optional. I have added them in small quantities. It will not make the curry sweet, but it will enhance and uplift the flavor of the curry.
This Sev tamatar Sabji is simple yet delicious. In the same way, you can try other Gujarati curry recipes like baingan bharta, raw tomato curry, lauki aloo curry , etc. If you love Gujarati food, do not forget to try the famous Undhiyu, Dal Dhokli, lauki thepla, and Muthiya.
You may also like to try famous Gujarati snacks :
- Bajra Vada Recipe | Pearal Millet fritters
- Gujarati Fafda Gathiya Recipe | How to make Fafda at home
- Namkeen Kaju Mathri | Kaju Nimki | Masala Fried Kaju
Here is the video recipe of the Sev Tamatar Sabji Recipe :
You may also like to try other Indian Curry recipes:
- Kadai Paneer Recipe with Homemade Kadai Masala
- Aloo Bhindi | Bhinda Bataka Recipe | Okra Potato Stir Fry
- Dal Palak | Spinach Dal Recipe
If you like this Gujarati Sev Tamatar Sabji recipe, then rate the recipe card and share this recipe with your friends and family. Please make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Subscribe to my YouTube channel, and Like my Facebook Page to catch my latest updates. Stay healthy and Safe. Happy Cooking!!! Happy Cooking!
Here is the recipe card of the Sev Tamatar Sabji Recipe :
- Tomato - 5 - 6, chopped
- Onion - 1, chopped, optional
- Green chili - 1-2, as per taste
- Ginger - ½ inch or more, as per taste, optional
- Garlic - 7 - 8 cloves, optional
- Mustard seeds - ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds - ¼ tsp
- Hing - a pinch, optional
- Red chili powder - 1 - 2 tsp, as per taste
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Garam Masala - ¼ tsp, as per taste
- Salt - 1 - 1 ½ tsp, as per taste
- Oil - 2 - 3 tbsp
- Hot water - ½ cup or more
- Homemade Sev or Ratlami Sev - ½ and more for serving
- In a Kadai, add oil. Add mustard seeds.
- When they start to splutter, add cumin seeds.
- Add a pinch of hing.
- Add chopped green chili and garlic.
- Saute them for a while.
- Add chopped onion.
- Saute until the onion turns translucent.
- Add ginger paste.
- Saute until the raw aroma of ginger goes away.
- Add chopped tomatoes.
- Add salt, as per taste.
- Cover the pan and cook until tomatoes turn soft.
- When tomatoes are soft and tender, add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, and garam masala.
- Cook for a while.
- Add hot water to adjust the consistency.
- Bring to a boil and let it simmer for 5 min.
- Here the sabzi is ready. Turn off the flame.
- Before serving, bring the tomato sabzi to boil.
- Add ½ cup of sev of your choice.
- Mix well.
- Turn off the flame.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and more sev.
- Serve warm with roti, bhakhri, paratha, bajra roti, khichadi, etc.