Soya Rice Recipe | Easy Soya Pulao Recipe
Soya Rice Akka Soya Chunk Rice is a protein and iron-rich rice dish. Here I have shared the easy and delicious version of the Soya Pulao Recipe.
To prepare the soya rice recipe, soak the soya chunks in hot water. Once they are soaked, squeeze them and discard all excess water. Then marinate the soya with curd and spice powders. In a Kadai, prepare a tadka of cumin seeds and whole spices. Add sliced onions, chopped vegetables, marinated soya chunks, and cook until tender. Lastly, add soaked rice, water, and salt. Cook on the flame until cooked. Gently toss the Soya Rice, garnish with coriander, and serve warm with raita and salad.
For vegetarians, Soya Chunks are a rich source of protein after paneer. For vegans, it is a healthy replacement for paneer. Below are some health benefits of Soya Rice :
- Rich in protein, iron, and calcium
- Good source of omega 3 fatty acids, folic acid, Vit B Complex
- Low in sugar and helps to regulate sugar
- Rich in different vitamins and minerals
- Good for bones
- Improves digestion and sleep quality
Soya chunks are similar to the Indian Vadis made from lentils. While preparing soya, do not forget to soak them. Because soaking makes soya soft, and it can easily absorb the flavors. You can make rice, biryani, or curry using marinated soya chunks. So, do try this Healthy Soya Rice recipe, and do not forget to include this in your healthy diet meal menus.
If you are a paneer lover, then do try my paneer pulao recipe, Mexican rice, too !! You can also try protein-rich salads like – Chole Salad, Paneer Corn Salad, Rajma Salad, Peanut Salad, etc. For more healthy diet recipes, click here.
- To make a Vegan Soya Rice Recipe, replace the ghee with oil and skip the hing from the recipe.
- For No Onion No Garlic Soya Rice Recipe or Jain Soya Rice Recipe, skip onion, garlic, and ginger from the recipe.
Here is the video recipe of the Soya Rice Recipe :
You may also like to try other healthy diet recipes :
- Ragi Besan Chilla | Ragi Besan Chilla Recipe
- Multigrain Idli Recipe | Sorghum Ragi and Rice Idli Recipe
- Moong Dal Soup | Healthy Moong Dal Soup Recipe
- Jowar Thalipeeth | Healthy Sorghum Flatbread
- Dalia Khichdi | Dalia Moong Dal Khichdi Recipe
- For more such recipes click here
I hope you all will try my healthy Soya Rice recipe and let me know how it turned out in the comments section. If you like this recipe, then share it with your friends and family and rate the recipe card. Please make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Subscribe to my YouTube channel, and Like my Facebook Page to catch my latest updates. Stay healthy and Safe. Happy Cooking!!!
Here is the complete recipe card of the Soya Rice Recipe :
- Soya Chunk - 1 cup
- Rice - 1 cup
- Onion - 2, thinly sliced
- Carrot - 1 - 2 , chopped
- French beans - handful, chopped
- Corn - ¼ cup
- Peas - ¼ cup
- Green chili - 1 - 2, as per taste
- Ginger - 1 inch
- Garlic - 6 - 7 cloves
- Curd - 2-3 tbsp
- Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
- Dry red chili - 1, broken
- Bay leaf - 1
- Cloves - 2
- Cinnamon - 1 inch
- Red chili powder - 1 - 2 tsp, as per taste
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala - ¼ tsp, or less as per taste
- Hing - a pinch
- Salt -1 ½ - 2 tsp, as per taste
- Oil - 1 - 2 tbsp
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Water - for soaking and cooking
- To soak the soya chunks in a bowl, add hot boiling water.
- Add soya chunks and ½ tsp of salt.
- Combine it well and let it soak for 15 - 20 min.
- Rinse the rice properly. Add 1¾ - 2 cups of water.
- The quantity of water depends on the type of rice. So add water accordingly.
- Soak the rice for 30 min.
- After 15 min, Drain the soya chunks. Squeeze them to remove all excess water. Keep it aside.
- Make a paste of ginger, chili, and garlic.
- Add curd, chili paste, red chili powder, coriander powder, and garam masala in a bowl. Add a little bit of salt. Mix well.
- Add soaked soya chunks. Mix well and let it marinate for a while.
- In a Kadai, add oil and ghee.
- Add cumin seeds. Add all whole species.
- Saute them until they release the aroma.
- Add a pinch of hing.
- Add sliced onion. Saute onions until they turn pink.
- When the onion is cooked nicely, it will release the oil.
- Add all chopped vegetables and marinated soya chunks.
- Add ½ tsp of salt.
- Mix well.
- Cover the pan and cook for the next 12 - 15 min on a slow flame.
- Stir occasionally.
- When soya chunks and vegetables are tender, add soaked rice with water.
- Add salt as per taste.
- Bring it to a boil, let it boil for 2 - 3 min.
- If required, adjust the salt at this stage.
- Cover the pan and cook it on slow flame for 10 - 12 min.
- After 12 min, check the rice. Cook more if required.
- Turn off the flame and let it sit for 10 - 15 min.
- After 15 min, gently toss the rice.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve warm.